Support for families & carers
Palliative care offers practical support to families and carers including:
- Respite care – either at home or in a facility – to give a break from providing care
- Help with your concerns and emotions
- Advice on how to give care, including medications
- Help to get equipment to help with moving the ill person and their comfort
- Advice and support available, including during the evening, night and at weekends
- Help to talk about the care of the ill person and their choices.