Quality initiatives that inspire and promote excellence in palliative care will be recognised through five inaugural awards to be offered by Palliative Care Victoria and presented at the Shaping the Future of Palliative Care Conference on 24th August 2012.
Four awards are available to specialist palliative care services in Victoria for outstanding quality iniatives that improve the quality of life and experience of people living with a terminal illness and/or carers, including bereaved carers.
A fifth award will recognise an outstanding quality initiative that enhances the provision of high quality care using a palliative care approach by an aged care service in Victoria.
The award winning organisations will each receive $1,000 and Award certificates, as well as recognition via media releases and inclusion in Palliative Care Victoria’s newsflash and quarterly newsletter.
Panel of Independent Judges
Five highly regarded independent judges will select the award winners:
- Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS)
- Department of Health Victoria, Palliative Care
- Quality Improvement Council (QIS)
- Victorian Healthcare Quality Association (VHQA)
- Professor Sue Hanson, who played a key role in developing the national palliative care standards and now the National Manager of Palliative Care Services for the Little Company of Mary.
Applications are invited from current members of Palliative Care Victoria and close on 29 June 2012.
Further details about the eligibility criteria, application process and award selection criteria are available at:
- www.pcvlibrary.asn.au – you will need to log in to the PCV members’ area and visit the quality initiative space, which includes information about the awards.