Palliative Care Victoria welcomes and needs support to achieve our goal of ensuring all Victorians with a life limiting illness and their families are supported to live, die and grieve well.
Ways you could assist are outlined below. We would be delighted to discuss any of these opportunities with you. Please contact Odette Waanders, CEO, by phone on (03) 9662 9644 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Palliative care and Ethnic Communities Forum to be held during National Palliative Care Week, 23 May 2016. This will be attended by around 80 people from the ethic and palliative care sectors in Victoria and its purpose is to improve access to culturally responsive palliative care.
- Inside Outside Palliative Care Conference to be held on 28th and 29th July 2016. This will be attended by over 300 health professionals working predominantly in palliative care, but also in aged care, with a focus on professional development. Exhibition opportunities are available. Please download the prospectus below.
- Community Palliative Care Ambassador Program which involves training suitable volunteers to deliver engaging information sessions about palliative care through their social networks. Funds are needed to market this program, provide training and volunteer support and reimburse the expenses of volunteers.
- Raising awareness of palliative care via your networks – such as in newsletters, on your website, etc. You may wish to consider hosting an exhibition of The Dreamers.
- Pro bono marketing and fundraising advice would be welcome as our small team means we do not have dedicated staff with this expertise. We wish to implement further strategies to raise community awareness of palliative care and attract donations and bequests to a charitable fund to support the future development and sustainability of palliative care services across Victoria.