We also work with the Victorian Government and other relevant organisations. We make submissions, contribute to policy development and seek the funding needed to ensure Victoria has a strong palliative care service capable of providing high quality palliative care and end of life care to all Victorians, when and where they need it.
As a founding and active member of Palliative Care Australia, we also contribute advice on a range of national palliative care policies and programs.
This is an important time for the development of palliative care and end of life care in Victoria. Here are some recent submissions and presentations to the Victorian Government:
Culturally appropriate food is a major concern for older and frail persons and a barrier to them accessing aged care services. In response to the Royal Commission Report on Aged Care Quality and Safety, PCV recently collaborated with IndianCare, Maggie Beer Foundation and Dr Surjeet Dhogra...
Victorian funding for palliative care services has not kept pace with the increases in population need for palliative care in Victoria. Palliative Care Victoria calls on the Victorian Government to improve access to palliative care so that it is a right that can be honoured.
Palliative Care Victoria calls for additional recurrent investment of $65 million in the May 2019 budget to improve access to palliative care for Victorians with a life limiting illness and their families so they are supported to live, die and grieve well.
- Victorian Government asked to commit $65 M a year to improve access to palliative care
Estimated and unmet need for palliative care in Victoria 2017. This shows at least 10,000 Victorians are missing out on needed palliative care, based on international benchmarks of population need for palliative care and available data on palliative care service provision in Victoria.
Inequalities in access to palliative care among Victorians are greatest among those living in rural and regional areas. This October 2017 report by Palliative Care Victoria provides an analysis of palliative care funding per death in 2016-2017 for all Victorian rural and metro regions.
- Summary of relevant palliative care and end of life data 2017
- Capacity of Victorian Palliative Care Services to meet demand, funding trends, priorities May 2017
- Palliative Care Victoria 2016 State Budget Call to Action - Summary
- Palliative Care Victoria 2016 State Budget Call to Action 2015-2019
- Quality of Life Benefits of Palliative Care
- Economic Reasons for Investing in Palliative Care
- An overview of palliative care in Victoria
- Submission to the End of Life Choices Inquiry
- Simplifying Medical Treatment Decision Making & Advance Care Planning - Submission
- Summary of Literature and Resources Informing the Victorian Palliative Care CALD Strategy