This third edition of the Palliative Care Victoria Volunteer Training Resource Kit, updated in 2020, is a valuable resource for providing high quality training for palliative care volunteers.
Training Kit Modules
The nine modules are:
Module 1: Introduction to Palliative Care
Module 2: Palliative Care Volunteer’s Role
Module 3: Communication
Module 4: Spirituality
Module 5: Diversity
Module 6: Responding to Loss and Grief
Module 7: Illnesses and Care
Module 8: Dying and Death
Module 9: Self Care of the Volunteer
Each module relates to specific competencies and includes a session plan, presentation slides, training activities, participant handouts, resources and equipment suggestions and relevant references.
Benefits of the Training Kit
- Uses a competency based framework that meets the Victorian palliative care volunteer standards and the Australian palliative care standards.
- Provides a consistent baseline for initial palliative care volunteer training on a regional, state or national basis.
- Maximizes resource sharing and learning.
- Training facilitators don’t have to ‘reinvent the wheel’.
- Allows organisations to include their own relevant policies and processes into the training program.
- Can be used as individual training modules to assist in training external organizations and other health professionals in core areas of palliative care.
Order the Kit
The 2020 Kit is currently being offered as a soft copy on a USB stick.
PCV Members can purchase for $50 and non-members for $75.
To order please complete and submit the online form.
We will then send you a tax invoice with payment details. Once payment is received your Kit will be dispatched and instructions for accessing emailed.