We need to prepare for the future, now!
Palliative Care Victoria is asking all Victorian political parties to commit to investment in palliative care, to meet the rapidly rising demand.
This commitment will mean that all Victorians with a life-limiting illness, and their families can live, die and grieve well.
Explore the Palliative Care Victoria election platform
Watch our CEO A/Prof. Violet Platt introduce the campaign for the 2022 Victorian State Election below.
We will continue to update this page with our campaign activities ahead of the election on 26 November 2022.
View the media statement launching the campaign.
Media enquries, contact Palliative Care Victoria on 03 9662 9644.
Advocacy on behalf of our members
To ensure that Palliative Care Victoria is advocating effectively on behalf of its membership, a survey was undertaken in March/April 2022. Despite Victorian Health being in a Code Brown, the return rate was 40.5%. KPMG were engaged to undertake the analysis and prepare the report entitled ‘The sustainability of palliative care in Victoria’.
Campaign documents are available below:
PCV Election Campaign Priorities
'The sustainability of palliative care in Victoria'
How you can get involved
- Share the campaign Resources Pack
- Promote the messages using the social media resources already prepared for you on the website.
- Contact politicians in your local electorate to lobby for palliative care, offer to meet with them to discuss it. We are happy to come with you or provide more information as preparation.
- Share the campaign with your local newspapers and radio stations, use it as an opportunity to show case palliative care services you are involved with.
Contact your local Candidate
Use the links below to find your electorate and election candidates. You can choose to contact either the current standing MP or all candidates in your electorate to encourage them to commit to increased funding of palliative care in Victoria.
We have provided a sample letter below as a guide.
Find your electorate
Find your local candidates
Download our Resources Pack, and get involved in the campaign by posting them to your social media!
In the resources pack you will find:
- Images for you to share on Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin and Twitter
- Posters that you can print off and display in your workplace
- Email banners to show your support in your email signature.