Employer: Warrnambool & District Community Hospice
Location: southwest Victoria
Hours Per Week: 3 (minimum)
Closing Date: 30/06/2023
A dedicated team of end-of-life volunteers, located across southwest Victoria, are the true heart of our 'Hospice in the Home' program. They ease the practical and emotional burdens felt by a person, with a life limiting illness, who wishes to die at home, whilst giving a much needed break to family and carers.
What is offered
Volunteers will undergo a Palliative Care Volunteer training course, as well as practical instruction relevant to end-of-life care to prepare them for their role as a 'Hospice in the Home' Volunteer. Training will be face-to-face and held in Warrnambool. In addition, there are monthly volunteer meetings to provide training, information updates along with volunteer support.
What we are looking for
1. Commitment to caring for ‘Hospice in the Home’ clients, carers and families.
2. Hold a current Victorian driver’s licence and motor vehicle covered by comprehensive insurance for transport related activities.
3. Hold current Criminal History Check and Working with Children Check.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
5. An ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
6. Flexibility, reliability, punctuality and responsibility.
7. A willingness to work as part of a team and accept direction from the Hospice Support Coordinator.
8. Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
9. Ability to exercise discretion, judgement and sensitivity to individual circumstances.
How To Apply
Contact the Support Coordinator to register your interest. Prospective volunteers will be asked to submit an application either over the phone, via email or online using the link on the website.
phone 0488 271 224 email email@example.com