Employer: Peninsula Home Hospice
Type: Part Time
Hours per week: 32
Closing Date: 17 February 2023
Peninsula Home Hospice is a not for profit community palliative care service providing support to clients in their homes. Our catchment area is the Mornington Peninsula, Frankston and part of the City of Kingston.
We are seeking a compassionate Counsellor Caseworker with excellent communication skills and a dedication to making a difference for clients and families quality of life. Your tertiary qualifications in psychology, counselling, social work or pastoral care are mandatory requirements for this role (0.8 EFT).
About the Role
Working within an interdisciplinary team the role provides comprehensive, psychosocial assessment and ongoing care for clients and their caregivers/families, along the palliative care trajectory. The role also includes comprehensive bereavement support. The position requires established work practices, a commitment to palliative care and the ability to work independently with guidance and support from a dependable team.
What is Offered
- Excellent salary sacrifice packaging
- Comprehensive and supportive orientation program
- Ongoing professional development
- Family friendly, flexibility for work/life balance
- Free parking
- Seaside metropolitan location easily accessible via Peninsula Link
- A supportive workplace including a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Counselling, Social Work or Pastoral Care (minimum of two units of Clinical Pastoral Education)
- Eligibility for membership or registration to relevant Professional Association
- Demonstrated ability to work with issues associated with dying, death and bereavement
- Demonstrated ability to conduct psychosocial and spiritual assessments
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and evaluate care plans to address the changing needs of clients
- Demonstrated ability to provide counselling for clients and their families and caregivers
- Well-developed interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence
How To Apply
Further information, including Position Description, is available via the below link.
A cover letter addressing key selection criteria and resume should be emailed to: email@example.com or contact Fiona on 03 5973 2409.
Applications close 17 February 2023